Monday, October 26, 2009

Oct. 26, 2009- Elbows Up!

It's been a few days since the last time i was in the gym. I worked out at 6am, which was a little bit of a change, but it was actually good. I think i prefer to start early in the morning now. Because of such an early start, i feel like i can now start my day and i didnt waste most of it sleeping in and pretty much doing nothing.

Todays WOD:

Front Squat: 5.5.5

Press: 5.5.5

Dead-lift: 5.3.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Numbers:

Front Squat: 5.5.5 (53kg)

Press: 5.5.5 (35kg) note* when i was getting towards the last 5, i couldnt finish, got tired and i tried to press up but nothing was coming out. too heavy perhaps.

Dead-lift: 5.3.1 5.(35kg) 3.(90kg) 1. (105kg)


I think that i did pretty well with the dead-lifts. I think 105kg was def my max. Prior to that i tried to do 115kg and it was not budging, so that was a good number. I can honestly feel myself getting stronger as i progress into this program. My left shoulder is def getting an ass whooping and i can feel the scar tissue building.

Goal: My goals are to constantly work on proper form and mechanics. A lot of this is still new, so right now its just about doing it right and then adding the weight. Also, trying to work on strengthening the core more and adding cardio workouts outside of Crossfit. With the shoulder, trying to build strong ROM and pushing on scar tissue.

"I never regret it when I do it, but I always regret it when I don't." -Devin Vinson

2 comments: